While this week may have been shortened, we were still able to pack in a lot of learning! We celebrated Veteran's Day with a very important speaker- Captain Paksi, we presented our first S.O.L.E projects, and learned about the 'it' word family!
Week of November 12th - 16th
- We are continuing to understand story order: we will be working on first, next, then, and last.
- We are focusing on sight words. We will be creating them in many different ways like play-doh, sand, and popsicle sticks!
- We are going to be learning about the -en word family
- --We will be reviewing all our letters we have learned so far (f, r, t, b, k, m, p, s, n). This weeks letter: j
- Previous Sight Words: a, be, are, an, I, if, is, me, on, the, to, all, see, you, it, not, my, no, what, put, in, for, can, she, he, do, who, at, we, was, get
-This Weeks Sight Words: said, that, but, did
- We will continue practicing writing on the line, making spaces in between words, using an uppercase and lowercase letters, and editing our previous work.
- We will be continuing our focus on our new story topics and expanding them over multiple pages.
- We are learning about how Jesus wants us to share God's love by belonging to the church and praying just as he did.
-We will be starting to practice our lines for our Nativity Play!
- We are continuing to learn all about different celebrations and holidays
-We will be focusing on Thanksgiving this week
- We are starting our new unit: Weather and Seasons!
-We will be learning about what the weather is in each season and what would be the proper attire to wear according to that season.
-We presented our new S.O.L.E group project to the class last week. I will be posting up the videos and explaining what S.O.L.E is on the media page :)
- We are continuing learning about “greater than”, “less than”, and "equal to". using number to 10.
- We will be learning about number lines and how to use them.
- We are learning different ways to make 10
November 16th - Half Day
November 20th - Our Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast @10 am! All parents are welcome to come :)
November 21st- Half Day for Thanksgiving Break!