Diocesan Schools Tuition Assistance
BISHOP’S SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The mission of the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund is to help families afford a Catholic Education. In this past year, the BSF awarded nearly $2.5 million in aid to families at the Diocesan elementary schools in Fairfield County.
All families who have a child or children registered, or are new applicants, in a Diocesan-sponsored Catholic elementary school in Fairfield County (Grades K -8) and are in financial need of tuition assistance are encouraged to apply through FACTS online, www.FACTSmgt.com/aid. Consideration may be given to families with multiple elementary school-aged children.
Applications are evaluated and determinations made by the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund Committee. Awardees’ families are notified through FACTS and scholarship distributions are made directly to the school on behalf of the successful scholarship applicant.
2022-2023 Applications open February 1. The deadline for Returning Families to apply is March 15.
Click here for our Bishop’s Scholarship Fund brochure.
Click below for Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that although every effort is made to award tuition assistance to all those eligible for our program, there is limited funding available each year. If you are denied an award, please contact Pam Carragher at 203-869-4000, ext 110 to receive access to Greenwich Catholic School's Financial Aid Application. Greenwich Catholic School only awards GCS Aid to returning families in good standing with students in Grades K-8.
What documents will I need?
- 2021 W-2 Forms (W-2s are mailed out in January by your employer. (If not received by January 31, contact your employer.)
- Entire 2020 or 2021 IRS Federal Tax Return (If you do not receive W-2s, you must submit 2021 Tax Return.)
- Include any schedules or forms filed with your 1040.
- If you cannot locate your tax return, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request a transcript.
- If you do not file taxes, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request verification on non-filing.
For any questions or clarification of the FACTS application process, contact FACTS directly at (866) 441-4637.