GREENWICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL
HIGH SCHOOL RECOMMENDATION PROCESS
An important part of the selection process for applying to High Schools is Teacher Recommendations. In order to expedite your child’s recommendations, we ask that parents contact the selected High Schools to obtain application packets. Please follow these simple procedures:
1. Many schools accept the Common Recommendation form. Please use this form when possible. Schools accepting the common form will be listed on the top of the form.
2. In pencil, on the right hand corner of the Recommendation Form, write your child’s name and the name of your child’s current English or Math teacher, as appropriate.
3. Sign the Release of Records form for each High School.
4. Place all forms in a sealed 9 ½ x 12” manila envelope marked, "Attention Mrs. Krzemienski – 8th Grade Recommendations” by Monday, October 22nd. Please do not give any forms to your child’s teacher.
5. Greenwich Catholic School will mail or send electronically) all completed recommendations directly to the High Schools.
6. Limit your selections to a maximum of 4 High Schools. Any number requested above 4, will be charged @ a rate of $5 per packet due to the time and materials.
7. We request that you limit your student to three (3) High School visitation days so your student does not miss significant academic time at GCS. A Permission Form must be filled out and signed prior to each visitation. Visitation days should be scheduled so as not to interfere with any academic tests or special presentations, if possible.
8. After your child has been accepted to their chosen school, please let GCS know which High School he/she plans to attend. As a courtesy, it is important that you inform the other schools that accepted your child that you are declining their invitation to attend.