GREENWICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL
HIGH SCHOOL RECOMMENDATION PROCESS
An important part of the selection process for applying to High Schools is Teacher Recommendations. In order to expedite your child’s recommendations, we ask that parents contact the selected High Schools to obtain application packets. Please follow these simple procedures:
1. Many schools accept the Common Recommendation form. Please use this form when possible. Schools accepting the common form will be listed on top of the form.
2. In pencil, on the right hand corner of a Recommendation Form write your child’s name and the name of your child’s current English or Math teacher who will fill out the recommendation form
3. Sign the Release of Records form for each High School
4. Place all forms in a sealed 9 ½ x 12” manila envelope marked, Attention Mrs. Krzemienski – 8th Grade Recommendations” by October 22. Please do not give the Recommendations Forms to your child’s teacher.
5. Completed recommendations will be mailed or sent electronically from Greenwich Catholic directly to the High Schools.
6. Limit your selections to a maximum of 4 High Schools. Any number requested above 4, will be charged @ a rate of $5 per packet due to the time and materials.
7. We request that you limit High School visitations to 3 during the school day. Signed Permission Forms must be filled out before visitations can be made. Attached is a sample High School Visitation Form. A form must be completed for each school visit. These visitations should be scheduled so as not to interfere with any academic tests or special presentations if possible
8. After your child has been accepted to her/her chosen school, please let GCS know which High School he/she plans to attend. It is important that you inform the other schools that accepted your child that you are declining their invitation to attend. This allows them to accept students who were not as lucky as your child to be taken off their wait lists.